June 7, 2019

Staying A Little Longer

So, we have been debating whether to go come today, or wait. This morning, one of the CF doctors came in and helped with that decision. She said that she would feel more comfortable with him staying at least until Monday. The test for the Aspergillus and ABPA haven't come back yet. One portion of it came back and looked normal, but that still doesn't answer the question of why his IGE was so high. She was telling us of the order they usually treat things, and that they are first treating what they can see first, which was the bacteria culture. She said if the wheezing in his lungs wasn't improving, it's possible to do a CT scan do check for mold spores. 

Yesterday, we had tentatively planned to go home today, and I guess the case manager started the discharge process, so now we have the medicine and IV supplies ready to take home with us. They also changed one of his IV antibiotics from one that is every 6 hours to one that is every 8, to help our at home schedule.

Azer says his lungs feel about the same but better after doing the IPV. 

He had a dressing change done today, and we have arrangements that if we get discharged, to have the PICC team do the dressing change at clinic. 



Other than that, he has improved his foosball game, and annoyed many by playing a mean game of whiffle ball bouncing off the windows outside!